One to Two Weeks Before Moving Day
Pet and Plants
- Decide what to do with house plants. We cannot safely move your plants because they may suffer from lack of water and light as well as probable temperature changes while in the van.
- Give them to friends or relatives.
- Donate them to a hospital or other organization.
- Include them in a garage sale.
- Some states permit the entry of all house plants; others admit them in accordance with specific rules and regulations.
- Take pets to the veterinarian. Most states require health certificates and rabies inoculations. See that identification and rabies tags are securely attached to your pet’s collar.
- Arrange for transportation of pets. Take them in the car or send via air. Consider boarding pets either at destination or at a kennel near your present home until you are settled in the new city.
Other important details:
- Collect all items that are being cleaned, stored or repaired (clothing, furs, shoes, watches, etc.).
- Empty your locker at the club, bowling alley or gym.
- Return library books and anything borrowed from friends or neighbors, and collect things you may have loaned.